Want a masters in cannabis? Philadelphia’s University of Sciences has you covered

Want a masters in cannabis? Philadelphias University of Sciences has you covered

The cannabis industry is bulging with opportunities and for students enrolled at the University of Sciences in Philadelphia, it is now possible to get a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) specifically focused on the nascent industry.

Located on 600 South 43rd Street, USciences has never before introduced a weed-focused course for students. USciences’ cannabis MBA will provide students with an opportunity to get involved in all facets of the industry, from cannabis and hemp cultivation to product manufacturing and dispensary operations.

August 1 marks the final date of registration for the “Introduction to the Medical Cannabis Industry” MBA, which slots into the university’s Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Curriculum.

“As the industry grows and the potential for medical cannabis to converge with the pharmaceutical industry, a specialization in pharmaceutical and healthcare business will be an asset to those in the cannabis industry,” said the executive director of the Substance Use Disorders Institute, Andrew Peterson, in a recent statement, adding that, ”a combination of healthcare, pharmaceutical, and cannabis business knowledge and expertise will be incredibly valuable as graduates move forward in their career.”

Included in the specialized cannabis MBA on offer from USciences is a pack comprising four unique courses. Combined, the courses can be used to help develop the necessary foundation for a career that aligns with the industry’s regulations and legal framework. Each course is designed to accommodate 15-20 students; a goal that Peterson is confident the university will achieve.

“We’ve already gotten interest from existing students,” Peterson said proudly. “I don’t think we’ll get hundreds enrolling at the start, but we’ll get a good class. We usually enroll about 15 to 20 people in these classes. I think we’ll hit that target.”

From August 26 onwards, the following two-credit course options will be on offer for $2,000 per enrollee:

• Cannabis Marketing and Sales
  • Competitive Analysis & Strategic Business Planning
  • Finance and Regulation
  • Medical Cannabis Industry

“We’ve seen rapid growth in an industry that needs business leaders. Our MBA is concentrated on the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, where medical cannabis fits very nicely,” explained Peterson, who expects enrollment from undergraduates who are currently studying at the university, in addition to new students.

Cannabis educational classes are set to begin at the university in September. Some of the classes will see students visit the USciences’ West Philadelphia campus. 

For more information about enrolling in a cannabis course at USciences Philadelphia, call the university on +1 215-596-8800.